Established 1867, John A. Roebling Bridge, Cincinnati, OH - Barge Under Bridge
Founded in 2008 as an executive search firm, Front Runner Consulting, LLC (FRC) also provides Merger & Acquisition (M&A) services to institutional buyers, is conducting the following talent acquisition searches:
INDUSTRIAL DISTRIBUTOR CFO SEARCH
Location: Columbus, OH headquarters with multiple distribution centers
Revenue: $200 million+
Reports to: President
In addition to coaching, mentoring, and managing a lean team (3 direct reports and a department of 16) this individual must be comfortable and accustomed to being a hands-on leader. An individual with in-depth knowledge of corporate finance, treasury, accounting and internal controls, tax compliance, employee benefit programs and human resource management, legal and risk management, data analysis, modelling and forecasting methods.
This individual must be a goal and results oriented, forward thinking strategic planner with exceptional people management and communication skills. This individual will be accountable for all aspects of our financial, risk management, legal, and administrative operations of the Company including the development of financial and operational strategies and goals, ongoing development and monitoring of systems designed to safeguard company assets, and the timely and accurate reporting of financial results. A key member of our senior leadership team (working with and reporting directly to the President).
- Serve as a key resource in business decisions as a member of the executive management team.
- Finance lead in strategic planning initiatives to support profitable growth of the company.
- Provide strong, forward-looking analytical leadership.
- Establish and develop relationships with senior management and serve as a business partner and advisor.
- Provide analysis on potential mergers and acquisitions. Ensure effective operational and financial integration.
- Manage staff in a broad range of accounting/finance functions.
- Responsible for creating and monitoring all finance initiatives.
- Develop and maintain accounting policies and procedures.
- Oversee the preparation of all financial reporting.
- Communicate regularly with Board Chairman and Directors on financial results and company initiatives.
- Manage relationships with external audit and tax firms, outside legal counsel, banks, lessors, insurance agents and other key third parties.
- Manage and develop a team of direct reports and next level.
- Establish performance standards and expectations for staff.
- Prepare and monitor development plans and individual/team goals.
- Lead the company’s budgeting, planning, and forecasting efforts, including the incentive compensation plan and related goals.
- Plan and execute special financial and process improvement projects.
- 10+ years’ experience in a senior financial managerial position (CFO, Controller, Finance officer, or relevant role)
- CPA Certificate
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field; MBA is a plus.
- Leadership role in distribution environment is a plus.
- Oracle NetSuite experience is a plus.
- Proficient technology skills including Excel, accounting, and financial reporting software.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strategic thinker
- Collaborative, team-oriented
- Experience with acquisition due diligence and integration
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position. Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Some travel is expected for this position.
Industry-leading compensation and benefits package, including:
- Competitive base salary (paid bi-weekly), Individual performance bonuses (paid annually)
- Health insurance and 401K plan with matching company funds
If you know someone qualified, I look forward to hearing from you.